Cubs Game Notes For Tuesday @ San Diego
* While the Cubs and Padres have played 230 all-time games in San Diego, each team has won 115 of the 230 games. The Padres have outscored the Cubs by just a single run (868-867) over their 230 meetings in San Diego.
* The Padres, who have allowed double-digit runs in three of their last six games, have allowed at least 10 runs on six occasions since April 25 – two more than any other team in the majors over that span.
* The Cubs have not committed a single error over their last eight games – tied (with Boston) for the longest active streak in the majors.
* James Shields’ record remains unblemished (5-0) through his first eight starts, the fifth-longest streak by a Padres starter to open the season all-time.
* Kris Bryant (scheduled to play in his 30th game tonight) has joined teammate Jorge Soler as two of only five Cubs since 1920 with at least 30 hits and 20 RBI through their first 30 games as a major leaguer.
* Justin Upton had his second multi-homer game of the year on Sunday. Since 2009, Upton is one of just five players with at least 150 home runs, 500 RBI, and 550 runs scored.