White Sox Game Notes For Friday @ Oakland
* The White Sox have won four of their last five games against the A’s. Of the seven games played between the teams in 2014 (the series won by Chicago, 4-3), four were decided by one run, including three of the last four contests.
* After going 2-12 with a 6.06 team ERA and .305 opponent average in their first 14 road games of the season, the White Sox had now won two in a row away from U.S. Cellular Field, posting a 2.00 (4/18.0) team ERA and .161 (10/62) opponent BA in those contests.
* Oakland’s 9-0 loss to the Red Sox on Wednesday was the third time that the A’s have been shut out in 2015. They had been shut out just two times through this same date last season.
* Stephen Vogt’s 30 runs batted in are the most by any A’s player through the team’s first 36 games of any season since Nick Swisher (30) in 2006.
* Carlos Rodon will be looking to become the first White Sox pitcher to win his first two career starts since Lance Broadway, September 27, 2007-August 14, 2008 (streak not broken by any relief appearances). Rodon beat the Reds in his first career on May 9, allowing two runs on four hits while walking four and striking out eight in 6.0 IP.
* Opponents who bat No. 1 in the lineup are hitting .438 (7/16) with three extra-base hits against Jesse Hahn this season. In comparison, opponents who hit in the No. 2-No. 9 slots are batting .248 (28/113) with seven XBH against him.