Cubs Game Notes For Friday vs. Milwaukee
* Chicago went 7-3 at home against Milwaukee in 2014, holding the Brewers to an average of just 2.2 runs per game in those contests.
* The Brewers are 0-12 this season when they allow five or more runs, compared to 5-5 when they hold their opponent to four or fewer runs.
* The Cubs had 25 stolen bases (in 32 attempts) last month; their most in the month of April since 1996 (28).
* Adam Lind went 2-for-5 in Wednesday’s win over Cincinnati, extending his current hitting streak to eight games. Lind is batting .419 (13/31) with three home runs and seven RBI during this streak, which has caused him to reason his season BA from .277 (through games of April 21) to its current .333 mark.
* Wily Peralta has just three runs of support over his first four starts of this season (25.0 IP). His 1.08 RSA is the lowest in the NL among pitchers with at least four starts in 2015. Unsurprisingly, the Brewers have lost all four of his starts.
* Jon Lester has struggled in his first season with the Cubs, going winless (0-2) in his first four starts, allowing 15 earned runs in just 21.2 innings of work. The last pitcher to go winless in his first five career starts with the Cubs was Edwin Jackson, who actually failed to get a victory in any of his first seven starts with the club, April 3-May 5, 2013 (streak not broken by any relief appearances).