White Sox Game Notes For Thursday vs. KC
* The Royals have won 16 games (16-6 record) against the White Sox since the beginning of last season – four more than any other team (Indians and Tigers, both 12).
* After hitting just five home runs over their first 15 games last season, and six home runs in their first 15 games in 2013, the Royals have hit 13 home runs over their first 15 games this season.
* After allowing at least 13 hits in each of their first two games this season, the White Sox have allowed more than 10 hits just once over their last 12 games.
* Salvador Perez has driven in at least one run in each of his last five games against the White Sox – the longest active RBI streak against the White Sox.
* Chris Sale has struck out at least five batters while also pitching at least five innings in each of his last 17 starts – the second-longest active streak in the majors. While Clayton Kershaw has a 27-game active streak with at least five strikeouts and five innings, no other player besides the two has an active such streak of at least 10 games.
* Jose Abreu played in the 159th game of his MLB career yesterday and hit his 41st home run. In MLB history, only six players have hit more home runs over the first 159 games of their career.