Cubs Game Notes For Monday vs. Cincinnati
* Cincinnati has won the season series with the Cubs each of the past five seasons (2010-14), going 60-28 against them over that span. The Reds were swept in their last trip to Wrigley Field, however (Sept. 15-17), scoring one run combined in the three losses.
* The Reds opened the season 4-0 but lost back-to-back games to the Cardinals on Saturday and Sunday. Cincinnati is tied for third in the majors with nine home runs but is batting just .212 as a team (22nd in MLB).
* The Cubs scored 15 runs combined over their last two games – a pair of wins in Colorado – after scoring three runs total in their first three games (going 1-2). Saturday’s 9-5 win featured three of the team’s four home runs this season.
* Since making his MLB debut on May 7, 2010, Starlin Castro’s 852 career hits rank second among National League players; only Hunter Pence (856) has more.
* Jon Lester failed to get out of the fifth inning in the Cubs’ 3-0 loss to St. Louis on Opening Day (4.1 IP, 8 H, 3 ER). The Reds are one of two teams Lester has never previously faced, along with the Red Sox.
* Joey Votto and Todd Frazier each have three home runs and eight RBI this season, with both figures tied for second most in the majors. Only Adrian Gonzalez has more home runs (five), while only Corey Dickerson has more RBI (nine).