Blackhawks Game Notes For Thursday @ St. Louis
* Chicago dropped a 2-1 home decision to Minnesota on Tuesday night, losing its second straight game by the identical score (lost 2-1 to St. Louis on Sunday). The Blackhawks haven’t score one or fewer goals in three consecutive games in over three years (since February 23-26, 2012).
* St. Louis was blanked, 1-0, at home by the Jets on Tuesday night, snapping its three-game winning streak in the process. The Blues have allowed one or fewer markers 26 times in 2014-15, and are now 23-1-2 in those contests.
* The Blackhawks and Blues have faced off against each other four times this season, each club skating off with two victories. Dating to April 27, 2013, St. Louis is 4-1-0 vs. Chicago at Scottrade Center.
* Kris Versteeg has lit the lamp once in all three of his games vs. the Blues this season – tied with Marian Gaborik and Nick Bonino for the longest active goal-scoring streak of any skater in the league against St. Louis. Dating to last season, Versteeg has three markers and four helpers during his current five-game point streak against the Blues.
* David Backes scored once against the Blackhawks last Sunday night, giving him a goal in back-to-back games vs. Chicago for the second time since the beginning of 2013-14 (also October 9-17, 2013). Backes has eight points (5g, 3a) in his last 12 skates against the Hawks overall.
* With a win tonight, the Blues will tie the Ducks for the Western Conference lead with 107 points on the season. St. Louis concludes its campaign with a home game vs. Minnesota on Saturday afternoon, while the Ducks travel to Arizona for a Saturday evening tilt with the Coyotes to finish up their regular season.