Blackhawks Game Notes For Friday @ Buffalo
* Chicago has won six games in a row against Buffalo with their last loss against the Sabres coming on the road in Buffalo back on December 11, 2009 by a 2-1 score.
* Last night, Chicago defeated the Vancouver Canucks 3-1 to clinch its seventh straight trip to the playoffs. The Blackhawks are in the playoffs for a seventh consecutive season for the first time since they had a 28-year run from 1969-1997.
* The Sabres are seeking their first winning streak of three games or more since December 9-15, 2014. That run was a season-high four game winning streak. On Wednesday they secured just their fourth set of back-to-back wins all season.
* Patrick Kane is still tied for the Blackhawks’ team lead in points along with Jonathan Toews with 64 even though he hasn’t played since February 24. Toews leads the Blackhawks with 15 points since Kane has been out.
* Matt Ellis’ first goal of the season was the game-winner in a 4-3 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday. Ellis also had an assist for his first multi-point game since March 31, 2010,
* The Sabres have won 50 percent of their games this season via the comeback (11 of 22), tied with the Detroit Red Wings for the fourth highest percentage in the league. The Calgary Flames lead the way in that category with a 57.1 percent rate.