CHICAGO –Major slow downs are expected on the inbound Dan Ryan Expressway, as the reconfiguration of the Jane Byrne Interchange enters a new phase.
New construction on the Flyover Project is expected to take until the summer of 2016.
Detours will be posted.
Starting Tuesday night, the following closures and detours will go into effect:
- The ramp from the inbound Dan Ryan to inbound Congress Parkway will be closed. A detour route will be posted, directing motorists to exit on Roosevelt Road to access Congress Parkway via Jefferson, Harrison and Wells streets. The ramp from the inbound Dan Ryan to the outbound Eisenhower will remain open, but shifted to a temporary roadway.
- The inbound and outbound Stevenson Expressway ramps to the Dan Ryan will be reduced from two lanes to one lane.
- The right lane of the inbound Dan Ryan from the Stevenson to Roosevelt Road will be closed.
- The ramp from Roosevelt Road to I-290/Congress Parkway will be closed. Detour routes will be posted. Motorists will be directed to continue east on Roosevelt Road to connect with Congress Parkway via Jefferson, Harrison and Wells streets. To connect with the outbound Eisenhower, they will be directed to continue west Roosevelt Road and utilize Ashland Avenue and Van Buren Street.
- The ramp from Taylor Street to the inbound Dan Ryan will be closed. A detour will be posted, directing motorists to connect with the inbound Dan Ryan from Taylor Street.