Blackhawks Game Notes For Friday vs. Edmonton
* The Blackhawks have won five of their last six games against the Oilers and posted five goals or more in four of the wins. Edmonton snapped a five-game losing streak against Chicago in January.
* Jonathan Toews collected a shorthanded goal in the Blackhawks’ 5-2 home win over Carolina on Monday. Toews’ has seven shorthanded goals since 2012-13, only Andrew Cogliano and Brad Marchand have more (eight apiece).
* The Oilers have 203 combined points this season by players currently 24 years old and younger, tied for the fifth most in the NHL. The Tampa Bay Lightning lead the NHL in this category with 295 points.
* Edmonton’s Jordan Eberle has six multi-point games since January 31, tied with five other players for the most in the NHL during this stretch (Nicklas Backstrom, Roman Josi, Erik Karlsson, Alex Ovechkin and Henrik Sedin).
* Chicago’s Corey Crawford has allowed two goals in his last two games and is looking to win three games in a row for the first time since November 26-29. Crawford has won three straight starts against Edmonton.
* The Oilers have allowed the first goal of the game 41 times this season, tied with Florida for the most in the NHL. Edmonton has an 8-27-6 record in those games.