501(c) (3) non-profit organizations in the Chicagoland/NW Indiana area in need of a vehicle, can nominate themselves or be nominated for Chicago’s Very Own Helping Hand. Entries available at wgntv.com/helpinghand
1. WHO CAN BE NOMINATED? Any 501(c) (3) non-profit organization in need of an vehicle with an office located in the Chicagoland viewing area defined as Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, LaSalle, Lake, McHenry and Will counties in Illinois, and Jasper, LaPorte, Lake, Newton and Porter Counties in Indiana. A nominated non-profit may only receive one vehicle as a part of this program.
2. WHO CAN DO THE NOMINATING? Non-profits can be nominated by their own employees, volunteers or individuals in the community who feel the organization would benefit from a vehicle. To nominate a non-profit, the nomination form must provide one individual contact’s information. All nominators must be 18 years or older. All information submitted in nomination forms will be subject to verification. There is no limit to the number of nominations a nonprofit can receive within a nomination period, and individuals may nominate multiple organizations. Sponsors reserve the right to reject and disqualify any entry discovered to be false or fraudulent.
3. HOW TO NOMINATE A NON-PROFIT: Go to http://www.wgntv.com/HelpingHand, click on the “Chicago’s Very Own” link, and fill out the nomination form completely. Nominations for “Chicago’s Very Own Helping Hand” will take place on four separate nomination periods, listed below. However, nominations that are not selected as the winner in a given period will roll over to be considered for the next nomination period. Nominated non-profits must be entered using their official name. Incomplete or false entries may be disqualified. All entries become the property of WGN-TV and will not be returned.
1st Period: 3/9 – 4/15/2015
2nd Period: 4/16 – 6/14/2015
3rd Period: 6/15 – 9/13/2015
4th Period: 9/14 – 11/15/2015
4. SELECTING THE NON-PROFIT: Four winners, nominating one per period, will be selected by the Sponsors. Entrants will be judged on three criteria: the non-profit’s service to the community, its impact on the Chicagoland area and compelling story tied to need for the vehicle.
5. THE PRIZE: After selection, the winner will be notified by phone and/or email. Winners will be announced:
Period 1: On or about April 23, 2015
Period 2: On or about June 25, 2015
Period 3: On or about September 24, 2015
Period 4: On or about December 3, 2015
Each Chicago’s Very Own Helping Hand non-profit winner will receive a pre-owned minivan donated by the Bob Rohrman Auto Group. Specific year, make and model to be announce d at the time of the award. Vehicle will be presented to the winning non-profit AS IS, and without any warranty, service or maintenance policy, or guarantee by the dealer or WGN-TV, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Inspection, repair and maintenance of the vehicle once accepted by the winning non-profit will be the sole responsibility of the winner, at the winner’s expense.
Winning non-profit organization will be responsible for paying all additional fees associated with the prize, including plates license, title and documentation.
· Document fees estimated to be approximately $200
· Plate/license/title estimated to be approximately $200
The wining non-profit also must provide proof of liability insurance coverage as required by state law. The non-profit also may be featured on WGN News. Each non-profit and its associated representatives must complete a release form provided by WGN for this purpose.
a. By participating in this program, each nominated non-profit and nominator agrees:
(i) that all decisions of Sponsors with respect to this program are final, incontestable and binding;
(ii) to release Sponsors and their respective parent companies and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and licensees from any and all claims in connection with the Helping Hand program and the receipt or use of the vehicle, and to indemnify sponsors against any claim arising out of their use of the vehicle;
(iii) and to allow Sponsors to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, biographical material, or nomination form used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this program, without additional compensation.
(iv) If a selected non-profit was nominated by an unaffiliated individual, the nominator will not receive a prize or other compensation.
b. Sponsors, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of http://www.wgntv.com web site or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. Sponsors further reserve the right to suspend, terminate or modify the program if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
c. Sponsors are not responsible for applications not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches or for lost, stolen, deleted, garbled, misdelivered, incomplete or late nominations.
d. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value, if the original prize becomes unavailable for any reason.
e. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a nominator or nominee’s disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsors.
f. Sponsors are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize.
7. INTERNET/FORCE MAJEURE: If for any reason, a computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the contest, WGN-TV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify, or suspend the Chicago’s Very Own Helping Hand program in whole or in part. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROGRAM WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. All aspects of this program shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois law, excluding choice of law provisions.
9. A COPY OF THE RULES: is available online at http://www.wgntv.com/helpinghand, and can also be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “WGN-TV Chicago’s Very Own Helping Hand Rules” WGN-TV, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618.
10. LIST OF HELPING HAND WINNERS: Can be obtained by sending a self-addressed envelope to WGN-TV “Chicago’s Very Own Helping Hand Winner’s List”, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 after April 1, 2015 but before January 31, 2016. Winners’ names also will be posted on http://www.wgntv.com/
11. SPONSORS: WGN-TV, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618. The Bob Rohrman Auto Group, 550 E. Ogden Avenue, Hinsdale IL, 60521