Mardi Gras celebrations aren’t limited to New Orleans this Fat Tuesday.
WGN’s Amy Rutledge has a round up of how the nation and Chicago celebrated.
Among the places to party in Chicago will be Division Street. From 8 p.m. to midnight tonight The Lodge Tavern, She-nannigans, Bootleggers, The Hangge-Uppe, Mother’s Too, and The Original Mother’s will “mimic the revelry of New Orleans.”
The Bourbon Street on Division Street Mardi Gras events are listed below.
- Jambalaya at The Lodge Tavern: Start the evening off with a taste of Creole cooking at The Lodge Tavern as they replace their free winter chili offering with free jambalaya for the day, while supplies last, from 8 p.m. to 11p.m.
- Comedy Gras at She-nannigans: Comedy Gras returns to the She-nannigans stage with host Danny Kallas. Martin Morrow headlines the show featuring Reena Calm, David Rader, Aaron Sutherland, and Joe McMahon at 8 p.m.
- Open Mic Comedy at Bootleggers: Hone comedy skills or watch others try at Bootleggers with open mic comedy from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Second Line Limbo at The Hangge-Uppe: New Orleans is famous for their second line parades to celebrate and for no reason at all. On Mardi Gras at The Hangge-Uppe, they second line limbo the same way from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Mask Making & Acoustic Music at Mother’s Too
- The Hot Sauce Committee at The Original Mother’s.
- The Lodge Tavern is located at 21 West Division in Chicago – 312-642-4406
- She-nannigans is located at 16 West Division – 312-642-2344
- Bootleggers is located at 13 West Division Street in Chicago – 312-266-0944
- The Hangge-Uppe is located at 14 West Elm in Chicago – 312-337-0561
- Mother’s Too is located at 14 West Division – 312-266-7444
- The Original Mother’s is located at 26 West Division Street in Chicago – 312-642-7251.