Blackhawks Game Notes For Wednesday vs. Vancouver
* Vancouver lost Monday at Minnesota 5-3. Going back to the third period of the San Jose game on February 5, the Canucks have scored at least one goal in seven consecutive periods.
* Chicago lost on home ice Monday in a shootout versus Arizona, 3-2. Chicago is just 1-for-13 on the power play in its last six games. The Blackhawks are 1-2-1 in their last four home games.
* This is the second of three meetings between the Canucks and Blackhawks. Vancouver won the first meeting on November 23 in British Columbia, 4-1.
* Jannik Hansen has gone eight games without a point, but his only career hat trick came on November 23, 2014 versus Chicago. Hansen has seven goals in his last 11 games against the Blackhawks.
* Defenseman Dan Hamhuis had two helpers in Vancouver’s loss at Minnesota on Monday. It was Hamhuis’ first multi-point effort of the season, and first multi-point effort since having two assists on April 10, 2014 versus Colorado.
* Marian Hossa had Chicago’s only two goals on Monday versus Arizona. It was Hossa’s second consecutive two-goal game. Hossa has never had back-to-back-to-back multi-goal games. Monday was Hossa’s 80th career regular-season multi-goal game, fourth among active players behind Jaromir Jagr (121), Jarome Iginla (104) and Alex Ovechkin (94).