Bulls Game Notes For Friday @ Phoenix
* The Bulls have won their last five road games against the Suns; that is Chicago’s longest road win streak in the history of this series.
* Chicago is coming off back-to-back road overtime games, beating the Warriors in OT on Tuesday and losing to the Lakers in double OT on Thursday. Only once in franchise history have the Bulls played in three straight road overtime games – that occurred during the 2002-03 season, losing all three contests in OT; at Phoenix on February 3, at Denver on February 4 and (after one home contest on the 11th) at Philadelphia on February 12.
* The Suns are getting a league-best 43.9 points per game off the bench this season. They were third in the NBA in bench points per game last season (39.0).
* Jimmy Butler had 35 points in Thursday’s double-overtime loss to the Lakers, tying his career high. Butler went 16-for-18 from the free-throw line, the second time this season he has made at least 15 free throws in a game (he went 18-for-20 vs Den, November 25). Butler’s status for Friday’s game is uncertain after suffering an apparent leg injury late in Thursday’s loss.
* Derrick Rose went 1-for-7 from the three-point line in Thursday’s double-overtime loss to the Lakers. It was the 13th time this season he has attempted at least seven threes in a game; the Bulls are just 6-7 in those contests. Prior to the 2014-15 season, Rose had just 18 career games with 7+ three-point attempts, the Bulls going 14-4 in those contests.
* Goran Dragic (.508) is one of just two players (Kyle Korver – .518) shooting at least 50 percent as a starting guard this season (minimum 2.7 FGM/team G as starting guard).