Blackhawks Game Notes For Friday @ Anaheim
* Chicago dropped a 4-3 decision to the Kings at Staples Center on Wednesday night, losing for the third time in its last five tilts overall. The Blackhawks went 1-for-4 with the man-advantage against the Kings, and are now 4-for-14 (28.6 percent) on the power play in their last four contests.
* The Ducks were shellacked, 6-3, by the Sharks at SAP Center last night, snapping their six-game winning streak in the process. Anaheim is 37-0-2 (.974) when netting at least three markers at Honda Center since the beginning of last season – the best home mark of any NHL club in such contests.
* The Blackhawks and Ducks have split their first two meetings in 2014-15, each beating the other on the road. These two clubs have played 16 times total over the last 4+ seasons, and each has won eight of those tilts.
* Patrick Kane had a goal and a helper Wednesday night, and with 53 points on the season, is now tied with Tyler Seguin for the scoring lead in the Western Conference. Including two goals in these clubs’ last game (November 28), Kane has 10 points (4g, 6a) in his last 12 skates vs. the Ducks.
* Matt Beleskey lit the lamp last night, giving him a goal in back-to-back games, and 19 markers on the season overall – tied with Corey Perry for the team lead. Beleskey has just one assist (zero goals) in 15 career skates vs. the Blackhawks.
* Anaheim is 16-0-2 (.944) when leading after the first period in 2014-15 – best in the NHL. Chicago is 16-0-0 when leading after the second period this season – also best in the league.