CHICAGO — The real estate agency Redfin has released its Hottest Neighborhoods of 2015 report. In it, the Chicago neighborhood Andersonville was named the seventh hottest neighborhood in the country.
Here are the top 10 hottest neighborhoods nationwide, according to Redfin:
- El Cerrito (San Diego, California)
- Dickinson Narrows (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- East Atlanta (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Little Neck (Queens, New York)
- Bohemia (Long Island, New York)
- Curtis Park (Sacramento, California)
- Andersonville (Chicago, Illinois)
- Woodridge (Seattle, Washington)
- Crocker (San Francisco, California)
- Woodridge (Washington, DC)
Redfin also ranked the five hottest neighborhoods in 27 metro areas across the country, including Chicago.
In Chicagoland, these are the five hottest neighborhoods of 2015:
- Garfield Ridge
- Brighton Park
- Lakeshore Historic District (Evanston)
- Ishnala (Palos Heights)
Redfin says its report was calculated by measuring which areas had the highest increase in total page views, favorites and Hot Homes on its website and apps over the course of 2014. Those neighborhoods that experienced the most growth in these metrics are projected to show increased transactions and prices in 2015, which is a model that has been successful for Redfin in years past.