21 E. Hubbard Street
1900 E. Higgins Road
CRAB CAKE RECIPE
YIELDS- 16ea 4oz Crab Cakes (16 appetizer or 8 entrée portions)
1 lb Backfin Crabmeat from Blue Crabs- Not Pasteurized
1 lb Claw Crabmeat from Blue Crabs- Not Pasteurized
1 lb Lump Crabmeat from Blue Crabs, Not Pasteurized
1/2 c Eggs, Beaten
1 c Crab Cake Base- Recipe Follows
3/4 c Cracker Meal
CRAB CAKE BASE
1 T Coleman’s Mustard Powder
2 T Worcestershire Sauce- Lee & Pearins Brand
3/4 c Mayonnaise
1/4 t Old Bay Seasoning
1/8 t White Pepper
Pinch Cayenne Pepper
2 T Chopped Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
- Mix the mustard powder and the Worcestershire sauce together in a small bowl.
- Combine all other Crab Cake Base ingredients and mix together and reserve.
- Remove any visible shells from the crab, being careful not to break up the meat.
- Add the egg mixture to the crab cake base and mix to incorporate completely.
- In a separate bowl gently toss the crab meat and cracker meal until mix thoroughly.
- Add the egg & crab cake base mixture to the crab meat and mix until incorporated making sure not to break up the crab meat.
- Hold in the refrigerator until ready to use.