Fire closes suburban restaurant on Christmas

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A fire broke out at a suburban restaurant today forcing it to close.

A manager tells WGN the fire was contained to an exhaust hood at the Wildfire restaurant in Lincolnshire.

The fire did not cause significant damage and no one was injured but the closing impacts about 1,000 diner who had reservations for Christmas Dinner tonight.

Tonight’s closing is also bad news for one area food bank, where Wildfire had planned to donate part of the evening’s revenue.

The restaurant will be open for lunch Friday.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.