Bulls Game Notes For Thursday vs. LA Lakers
* The Bulls have gone 11-7 on Christmas day all-time, while the Lakers are 21-19. The only team with more Christmas Day wins than the Lakers in NBA history is the New York Knicks (22).
* The Bulls have won five of their last six games against the Lakers including an 88-87 victory in the last Christmas Day meeting between these teams in 2011 – a Derrick Rose hook shot with five seconds remaining gave Chicago the win.
* Chicago is riding a four-game winning streak after a 99-91 victory at Washington Tuesday. Now the Bulls return home to where they have won four straight after starting 2-5 in their first seven games at the United Center.
* Los Angeles is coming off a 115-105 win over Golden State Tuesday night. The Lakers have now won five games in December after just four wins in all of October and November.
* Kobe Bryant is averaging 25.5 points per game in 15 Christmas Day games for his career. The only active players with a higher Christmas Day scoring averages are Kevin Durant (31.8) and LeBron James (26.9) (min five games).
* Derrick Rose scored a game-high 25 points in the win over the Wizards. The Bulls have a better record all-time when Rose scores 25 in a game (66-26, .717) than when Michael Jordan scored 25 (500-222, .693).