Bulls Game Notes For Friday @ Memphis
* The Grizzlies have won four out of the last five games in this series, although the lone Bulls’ win over this stretch came in Memphis, 95-91, last December 30.
* The Bulls are 3-4 in the second game of back-to-backs so far this season (3-3 on the road). They beat the Knicks 103-97 in Chicago on Thursday.
* Memphis beat San Antonio 117-116 in triple overtime on Wednesday. It was the Grizzlies’ third game in their last four contests that went into (at least one) overtime; they won all three. Memphis played no overtime games in its first 21 games of this season.
* This will be the 19th regular-season meeting between the Gasol brothers, with Pau leading the matchup, 10-8. The brothers have put up fairly similar stat lines in these meetings, with Pau averaging 14.8 points, 10.0 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.3 blocks per game to Marc’s 11.2 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 4.2 apg and 1.9 bpg.
* Jimmy Butler had a career-high 35 points in Thursday’s win over the Knicks and added five rebounds, seven assists and four steals. It was his third 30+ point game of the season; he never scored more than 28 in a game in his first three NBA seasons. His +8.4 ppg increase from last season (13.1 to 21.5) is the biggest in the NBA (played in minimum 50% of team’s games in both seasons).
* Zach Randolph had 21 points and 21 rebounds in Memphis’ triple-OT win over the Spurs on Wednesday. It was the 12th 20/20 game of his career.