Blackhawks Game Notes For Friday vs. Montreal
* The Blackhawks have earned at least a point in each of their last six games against the Canadiens (4-0-2). Its Chicago’s longest streak of at least a point earned against Montreal since a 10-game streak in 1966-67 (3-0-7).
* Last month’s 5-0 loss by Montreal to Chicago marked the first time they were shutout by the Blackhawks since 1999.
* The Blackhawks have averaged 4.7 goals in the last eight games, compared to 2.5 through their first 17contests. They have a 7-1-0 record in their last eight games, outscoring their opponents 33-15.
* Patrick Kane and Max Pacioretty are ranked second and third respectively in third period goals this season. Kane has nine goals in the third and Pacioretty has scored eight. Rick Nash is the NHL leader in the category with 10.
* Both teams rank in the top five in third period goal differential. Chicago’s plus-17 third period goal differential ranks second and Montreal’s plus-11 ranks fifth in the league
* The Canadiens have 10 comeback wins this season, most in the NHL. They’ve also lost just one game via a blown lead, fewest in the league.