No deaths or injuries are reported in a two-alarm fire and Level 1 Hazmat following a natural gas explosion on Chicago's Far South Side.
The Chicago Fire Department tells WGN that at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, they received calls that there was a smell of gas in the area of 2100 block of West 107th Street, which is on the border of Morgan Park and Beverly.
Peoples Gas and the city water department were doing work in an area nearby and also called the fire department.
The fire department evacuated the area. Within the next hour, a home in the area exploded.
No one was in the house when it happened. But it appears that a family pet was lost in the explosion and fire.
An account was set up Tuesday at Beverly Bank to help benefit the family. Anyone interested in supporting can make a donation at Beverly Bank & Trust (10258 S. Western Ave.). The account is under Benefit of the Sheahan Family.
This is a developing story. Please check back for details.