Blackhawks Game Notes For Thursday @ Calgary
* The Blackhawks beat the Stars, 6-2, at home on Sunday, recording their third win in the last four tilts overall. Chicago is 9-2-1 when allowing two or fewer markers in 2014-15 (1-5-0 when allowing three or more goals).
* Calgary defeated Anaheim, 4-3, in a shootout at Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday. The Flames have won three straight games for the second time this season, and are 7-2-0 in their last nine contests overall.
* Including a 2-1 overtime win vs. the Blackhawks at United Center earlier this year, the Flames have beaten Chicago three of the last four times the two clubs have met (since the beginning of last season). Dating to the beginning of 2010-11, Calgary is 5-1-1 vs. Chicago at Scotiabank Saddledome.
* Jonathan Toews had a goal and a helper in Sunday’s win, giving him eight points (3g, 5a) in his last six skates (eight points in first 11 games of 2014-15). Toews has just three points (1g, 2a) in his last eight games vs. the Flames.
* Dennis Wideman lit the lamp twice in Tuesday’s victory, garnering first-star accolades, and ending his personal nine-game goalless streak in the process. With his team-high tying seven markers in 2014-15, Wideman has already surpassed his total from either of the previous two seasons (six goals in 2012-13, four goals in 2013-14)
* Calgary has six different skaters with at least five goals each this season – tied with San Jose for most of any Western Conference team. Chicago has three players with 5+ goals in 2014-15 (tied for second fewest in the West).