Laundry pods pose poisoning risk for young children

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Those little laundry pods that have become so popular can be a serious poisoning risk for young children.

A new study found that 17,000 children under the age of six ingested laundry pods between 2012 and 2013.

Because they’re colorful and small, many kids thought they were candy and ate them.  Other children inhaled them or squirted them in their eyes.

About 35 percent of the children were taken to the emergency room.  Four-and-a-half percent were hospitalized.  There were two confirmed deaths.

Leave a Reply to Shery Sullivan Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

1 Comment

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.