Laundry pods pose poisoning risk for young children
Those little laundry pods that have become so popular can be a serious poisoning risk for young children.
A new study found that 17,000 children under the age of six ingested laundry pods between 2012 and 2013.
Because they’re colorful and small, many kids thought they were candy and ate them. Other children inhaled them or squirted them in their eyes.
About 35 percent of the children were taken to the emergency room. Four-and-a-half percent were hospitalized. There were two confirmed deaths.