Bill Daley was among the list of key transition team members that Illinois Governor-elect Bruce Rauner announced at a news conference Thursday.
Brother of former Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley, Bill Daley served as White House Chief of Staff to President Barack Obama from January 2011 to January 2012.
WGN's Tom Negovan tweeted the following from the news conference:
The following names and bios of Rauner's transition team were released Thursday:
- Governor Jim Edgar
- Bill Daley – Managing Partner and head of U.S. operations, Argentiere Capital LP, former White House Chief of Staff
- Glenn Poshard – Former President, Southern Illinois University; former U.S. Congressman
- Rev. James Meeks – Founder and Senior Pastor, Salem Baptist Church of Chicago; former Illinois State Senator
- Manny Sanchez – Founder and Managing Partner, Sanchez Daniels & Hoffman LLP; Co-Chair, Latinos for Obama
- Doug Oberhelman – CEO and Chairman, Caterpillar Inc.
- State Representative Jill Tracy – 94th District, Illinois House of Representatives
- Ron Huberman – Operating Executive, Prairie Capital; former Superintendent and CEO, Chicago Public Schools
- Phyllis Wise – Chancellor, University of Illinois
- Jim Alexander – President, Illinois State Police Command Officer’s Association (ISPCOA)
- Congressman Aaron Schock – Representative, 18th Congressional District of Illinois
- Arabel Alva Rosales – President, AAR & Assocs., LTD.Ron Gidwitz – Partner, GCG Partners
- John Gates – Chairman and CEO, PortaeCo, LLC.
- Pastor Corey Brooks – Founder, New Beginnings Church of Chicago
- Rob Funderburg – Chairman and owner, Alpine Bank
- Mark Cozzi- Managing Partner, Lincoln Park Capital Group
- Tony Anderson – Retired Vice Chairman and Midwest Managing, Partner Ernst & Young
- Sarah Frey-Talley – President, CEO Frey Farms
- Gloria Cardenas Cudia – President and Founder, Salsa Business Network
- Jim Schultz – Founder of Open Prairie and Managing Director of Open Prairie Ventures I and II
- Dr. Willie Wilson – Chairman, Chicago Baptist Institute International (CBII)
- Eleni Bousis – Board Chair for the Greek American Rehabilitation and Care Centre, Entrepreneur of Frontida (CARE) Institution supporting and assisting women and families in need and Board Member for Leadership 100 and the Little City Foundation.
- Ryan Ruskin- President and COO, Ruskin Group
- Beth Christie – Founder and CEO, Avent America
- Ed McMillan – Principal and CEO, McMillan L.L.C
- Andrea Brown – Member of the Illinois State Board of Education, former Regional Superintendent, teacher and administrator