Bulls Game Notes For Friday vs. Cleveland
* The Bulls took three of four from the Cavaliers last season. All three of Chicago’s victories were by double digits, while Cleveland’s lone win was by four points.
* Cleveland lost its first six road games last season, on its way to a 14-27 (.391) mark away from home.
* Chicago held Central Division opponents to just 87.6 points per game in 2013-14; that was the lowest opponent scoring average in the NBA for divisional games.
* LeBron James and Kevin Love are two of the eight players who ranked in the Top 2 on his team in points, rebounds and assists per game last season (minimum played in 75% of team’s games).
* Pau Gasol had a solid debut with the Bulls, recording 21 points and 11 boards in Wednesday’s season-opening win over the Knicks. He had 19 20/10 games for the Lakers last season.
* This will be just the second time that Derrick Rose and Kyrie Irving will face each other in the regular season. The Bulls won the only game in which both Rose and Irving played, 96-81 on November 11, 2013. Both guys had 16 points in that contest, but Rose had seven assists and no turnovers to Irving’s four dimes and three turnovers.