Nik Wallenda’s tightrope walk across the Chicago River will take place at 6 p.m. Sunday.
Wallenda plans to climb a 15-degree incline from one of the Marina City towers, across the Chicago River, to the Leo Burnett building.
Then he will walk between the Marina Towers, blindfolded.
The walk is expected to take two hours, and Wallenda has repeatedly said that he will not use a harness or a net.
Here is a guide to street closures and where to watch downtown.
Closed Thursday-Friday, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Upper Wacker Drive from Dearborn to State
- The Dearborn Street Bridge
- The State Street Bridge
Closed Sunday from 5 p.m. to midnight (subject to change)
- Upper Wacker Drive Clark Street to Wabash
- State Street from Lake Street to Kinzie Street
- Dearborn Street from Lake Street to Kinzie Street
Where to watch:
- Wacker Drive from Clark Street to Dearborn Street
- Wacker Drive from Wabash Street to State Street
TAKE THE WALK: Experience what it would be like to walk Nik Wallenda’s tightrope path by clicking the link below: