Bulls Game Notes For Wednesday @ NY
* The head-to-head series between the Bulls and Knicks was very evenly matched in 2013-14, with each team winning two games and the Bulls outscoring the Knicks by a total of just four points over the four games (358-354).
* The Bulls struggled through the first 30 games of last season, going 12-18 through December 31. However, Chicago posted a 36-16 record (.692) from January 1, 2014 through the end of the season, the highest win percentage by any Eastern Conference team over that span.
* The Knicks went 37-45 last season, 17 wins shy of their 2012-13 regular-season total and one game behind the Hawks for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. 2013-14 marked the first time that the Knicks missed the playoffs since Carmelo Anthony joined the team in 2010-11.
* Carmelo Anthony made a single-season career-high 157 three-pointers in 2012-13, and followed that up with a new career high in 2013-14 (167). His 40.2 percent shooting from three-point range for the Knicks in 2013-14 was his best three-point percentage in a single season over his career.
* The Bulls added Pau Gasol in the offseason. Gasol averaged 3.4 assists per game for the Lakers in 2013-14, the most by any seven-footer with at least 60 games played.
* Derrick Rose is healthy and is expected to play in the Bulls’ season-opening game on Wednesday night. Rose, the 2010-11 regular-season MVP, has only played in 49 games since his MVP season (39 games in 2011-12, no games played in 2012-13 and 10 games last season).