What are some of the most unusual excuses for calling in sick to work?
VP of Corporate Communications with Careerbuilder Jennifer Grasz knows some pretty incredible ones.
Here are some of the more outrageous ones:
1) Employee just put a casserole in the oven.
2) Employee’s plastic surgery for enhancement purposes needed some “tweaking” to get it just right.
3) Employee was sitting in the bathroom and her feet and legs fell asleep. When she stood, up she fell and broke her ankle.
4) Employee had been at the casino all weekend and still had money left to play with on Monday morning.
5) Employee woke up in a good mood and didn’t want to ruin it.
6) Employee had a “lucky night” and didn’t know where he was.
7) Employee got stuck in the blood pressure machine at the grocery store and couldn’t get out.
8) Employee had a gall stone they wanted to heal holistically.
9) Employee caught their uniform on fire by putting it in the microwave to dry.
10) Employee accidentally got on a plane.