Blackhawks Game Notes For Tuesday vs. Philadelphia
* The Flyers beat the Stars, 6-5, in overtime at the American Airlines Center on Saturday, snapping their four-game losing streak to begin the season in the process. Philadelphia scored twice with the man-advantage in its win over Dallas – its fourth straight game with at least one power-play goal (7-for-19 during span).
* Chicago beat Nashville, 2-1, in overtime at United Center on Saturday night, recording its fourth straight game to open the season with at least one point (3-0-1 record). The Blackhawks are 6-0-1 in their last seven regular-season home contests (since March 25 last season).
* These clubs split two games in 2013-14, each beating the other at home. The Flyers are 16-3-0-0 (.842) vs. the Blackhawks since the beginning of 1997-98 – best of any team against Chicago during that span.
* Claude Giroux had a goal and a helper Saturday, and now has at least one point in four straight games overall (2g, 5a during span). Giroux has 10 points (1g, 9a) during his current five-game scoring streak vs. the Blackhawks.
* Jonathan Toews scored the game-winning shorthanded goal for the Blackhawks on Saturday night, giving him at least one point in three straight games overall (1g, 3a during streak). Toews has 14 points (9g, 5a) in his last 12 regular-season skates at United Center.
* The Blackhawks are averaging 40.0 shots on goal per game in 2014-15 – most of any team in the league. The Flyers are averaging 34.0 SOG per game this season (2nd most in the East, 6th in NHL).