More than 125 children were sick from school again today after more than 130 children got sick in an outbreak of Norovirus at Peifer Elementary School in Schererville.
Over a quarter of the entire student body was out ill on Wednesday and then again today on Thursday.
Extra cleaning crews were brought in and worked into the night to disinfect the school. They used a with a mixture of water and bleach, which was recommended by the Lake County Health Department.
"We're really kind of scared, but we're going to go in and talk to the teacher," said the parent of a preschooler.
Norovirus is highly contagious. It causes stomach inflammation, vomiting and diarrhea in those who are infected.
Officials first thought something from the cafeteria made the kids sick, but records showed that many of them didn't eat at school the day before. The district still decided to throw out milk at its ten schools, as a precaution.