Cubs Game Notes For Thursday vs. Dodgers
* The Cubs lead the season series between these teams, 2-1. However, the Dodgers have won each of their last four trips to Wrigley Field – last losing there back in May of 2012.
* The Dodgers have been outscored 26-6 during their current two-game losing streak and will be looking to avoid dropping three consecutive games for just the fourth time this season.
* The Cubs have won each of their last three games, limiting their foes to a total of just one run in that span, after recording just one victory in their previous nine contests.
* Zack Greinke, who is 3-0 with a 2.00 ERA in his last four starts overall, has lost two straight and four of his last five starts against the Cubs. Six of Greinke’s eight losses this season have come on the road.
* Tsuyoshi Wada is 0-2 with a 5.93 ERA in his last three starts after going 3-0 with a 1.50 ERA in his previous three outings. In his first career start against the Dodgers (no decision) back on August 2, Wada allowed two runs and six hits in 5.2 innings of the 5-2 Cubs loss.
* Yasiel Puig is hitting .517 (15-for-29) in nine career games against the Cubs – the highest batting average in his career against any opponent (minimum 5 games).