A gas leak could be to blame for a house explosion in Elgin that seriously injured the homeowner.
It happened around 10 p.m. Monday in the 1100 block of Morningside Drive.
Two walls of the home were blown to the ground, along with shattered glass from the windows.
The man made it out of the house on his own.
He told firefighters he turned his furnace on for the first time this season before he went to bed and he woke up when he heard the explosion.
The explosion and fire caused an estimated $150,000 in damages.
Fire officials are still investigating.