Man injured in Elgin house explosion

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

A gas leak could be to blame for a house explosion in Elgin that seriously injured the homeowner.

It happened around 10 p.m. Monday in the 1100 block of Morningside Drive.

Two walls of the home were blown to the ground, along with shattered glass from the windows.

The man made it out of the house on his own.

He told firefighters he turned his furnace on for the first time this season before he went to bed and he woke up when he heard the explosion.

The explosion and fire caused an estimated $150,000 in damages.

Fire officials are still investigating.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.