White Sox Game Notes For Monday @ Kansas City
* The Royals have won six out of the last seven matchups between the two teams, holding the White Sox to three or fewer runs in each of those games. Chicago has hit just .137 with runners in scoring position over its last seven games against Kansas City.
* The Royals have lost six out of their last nine games to fall 1.5 games back of the Tigers in the AL Central. Since September 1, the Royals have averaged 3.15 runs per game after averaging 4.41 runs per game in August.
* Jose Abreu has a current six-game hitting streak, and has homered in each of his last two games, the fourth time this season he has homered in back-to-back games. Abreu is 4-for-12 (.333) over his last three games against the Royals with three extra-base hits after going 2-for-18 (.111) with no extra-base hits in his first five games against Kansas City.
* Eric Hosmer went 1-for-2 with a home run and two walks in yesterday’s 8-4 loss to the Red Sox. Over his last seven games, Hosmer is batting .320 with two home runs and six RBI.
* James Shields is 5-1 (.833) with a 2.17 ERA over his last eight starts. In addition, Shields has a current 18.1 scoreless inning streak, the fourth-longest streak of his career (his longest is 23.0, done in 2011).
* In 14 career starts against the Royals, John Danks is 6-0 with a 2.58 ERA. The only other two pitchers ever to have 14+ straight starts against the Royals without a defeat are Andy Pettitte (15 straight) and David Wells (16 straight).