Cubs Game Notes For Monday vs. Cincinnati
* The Reds are 11-5 against the Cubs this season, improving to 60-25 versus Chicago since the beginning of 2010. It’s the most wins by any team versus a single opponent over the past five years.
* After dropping two of three games to Milwaukee this weekend, the Reds have dipped to 20-35 since the All-Star break. It’s their lowest winning percentage (.364) after the break since 1948 (27-49, .355).
* The Cubs snapped their seven-game losing streak on Saturday, but with Sunday’s 7-3 loss to the Pirates, Chicago fell to 5-14 against Pittsburgh this season. It is the first time the Cubs have lost 14 games to the Pirates in a single season since 1990 (4-14).
* Billy Hamilton stole his 56th base of the season on Sunday. It’s the highest total by any Red since Deion Sanders swiped 56 in 1997. With another stolen base, Hamilton will have produced the highest mark by a Red since Eric Davis in 1986 (80).
* Entering the All-Star break, Alfredo Simon boasted a 12-3 record with a 2.70 ERA. But he’s won just seven of nine decisions (2-7) while posting a 4.96 ERA in the second half. He’s also tossed only four quality starts in 11 outings since the break.
* Travis Wood is coming off the second-shortest start of his big league career, after he worked just 1.2 innings and allowed seven earned runs against Pittsburgh last Sunday (September 7). Wood has lost seven of eight decisions since June 21.