Cubs Game Notes For Friday @ Pittsburgh
* The Cubs were swept by the Blue Jays in Toronto in their last series, and have now dropped six straight games by a combined score of 48-10. Including Wednesday’s 11-1 drubbing, Chicago has allowed at least 10 runs 11 times in 2014 (third most in NL).
* Pittsburgh beat Philadelphia, 4-1, on Thursday, recording its second straight and sixth victory in the last seven games overall. Including three two-baggers yesterday, the Bucs have had at least one double in 13 straight games – the longest active streak in the majors.
* The Pirates have won five straight games vs. Chicago by a combined score of 27-11, and are 12-4 overall against the Cubs in 2014. The last time Pittsburgh had a better single-season record vs. Chicago, was in 1990 when the Bucs won 14 of 18 meetings.
* Tsuyoshi Wada lasted a career-low 3.1 innings and allowed three runs (two earned) in his last outing (vs. Pittsburgh one week ago), garnering a no-decision in that contest. Wada is 2-1 with a 2.61 ERA and .195 opponent BA in his last four starts.
* Gerrit Cole beat the Cubs in his last outing (6.0 IP, 3 ER), and is 1-1 with a 4.26 ERA in four starts since returning from the disabled list on August 20. Cole has won all four of his career starts against the Cubs, posting a 3.24 ERA in those contests.
* Andrew McCutchen had a double on Thursday vs. the Phillies, and is batting .480 (12-for-25) with two homers and three RBI in his last six games overall. McCutchen had two hits and at least two RBI in each of his last four home games vs. the Cubs.