White Sox Game Notes For Monday vs. Oakland
* Oakland is 2-1 versus the White Sox this season, improving to 70-43 against Chicago since 2001. It’s the best winning percentage (.619) by any team versus the White Sox over that span.
* After dropping two of three games to Houston this weekend, the A’s have fallen to 8-18 (.308) since August 10. Only the White Sox (7-17, .292) have fared worse in MLB. Oakland has fallen 7.0 games behind the Angels in the AL West.
* The White Sox mustered a total of two runs while getting swept at Cleveland this weekend. It was the fewest runs Chicago had scored in a three-game series since generating two against the Cubs in June 2007.
* Sonny Gray was 12-3 with a 2.65 ERA through the end July, but since the beginning of August he’s stumbled to a 1-5 record with a 5.11 ERA over seven starts.
* Coco Crisp totaled three hits Sunday, producing his first three-hit game since July 2. Ironically, the A’s are just 1-5 this season when Crisp has collected at least three hits.
* Jose Abreu has gone four consecutive games without an RBI. He still needs one more RBI to become the first player to reach triple digits in his first MLB season while playing with for White Sox since Zeke Bonura (110) in 1934.