Death of missing Albany Park woman ruled accidental

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A woman and man found in a garage in the Garfield Park area died from carbon monoxide poisoning, and their deaths have been ruled accidental, the Cook County medical examiner’s office determined  today.

Nicolette Medina, 25, and Marco Acevedo, 31, died after inhaling automobile exhaust in an enclosed garage, the medical examiner’s office said.

The bodies were found in the garage in the 3800 block of West Gladys Avenue about 3:30 p.m. Thursday, said Police News Affairs Officer Ana Pacheco. They were pronounced dead at the scene, Pacheco said.

Medina, of the 3700 block of West Lawrence Avenue, had been reported missing from the Albany Park neighborhood on Thursday.

Medina left her home on June 23 and told her roommate she would be back but never returned, police said. In the following days, Medina failed to answer her cell phone for her friends or family, according to police.

Acevedo had lived in the 2400 block of West Haddon Avenue, according to the medical examiner’s office.

Area North detectives were conducting a death investigation.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s