* The Blackhawks defeated the Kings, 3-1, on Sunday at United Center, and are now 7-0 at home during the 2014 playoffs. Chicago has won 18 of its last 20 postseason tilts at United Center since the beginning of last year’s postseason.
* Tyler Toffoli scored the Kings’ lone goal Sunday, giving him four markers overall during this year’s playoffs. Toffoli is the sixth Los Angeles skater with 4+ goals in the 2014 postseason – tied with Montreal for most of any club.
* Brandon Saad had a goal and a helper in Game 1, garnering first-star honors for his performance. Saad has nine points (3g, 6a) during the 2014 playoffs – two points more than he had in 25 games during the 2012 and 2013 postseasons combined.
* Dating to last year’s playoffs, Chicago has beaten Los Angeles six straight times by a combined score of 19-10 (regular and postseason combined).
* Since the 2009 postseason, the Blackhawks have a best-of-7 record of 8-0 when taking a 1-0 advantage in the series.
* Chicago went 1-for-2 with the man-advantage in Game 1, and has clicked on 33.3 percent of its power-play opportunities at United Center during the 2014 postseason – the best home power-play percentage of any playoff team. On the flip-side, the Blackhawks have killed off an NHL-best 91.7 percent of their opponents’ power-play opportunities no matter where they’ve taken the ice during this year’s playoffs.
* Los Angeles is just 1-6 when allowing three or more goals during the 2014 playoffs (7-1 when allowing fewer than three markers). The Kings are 8-1 when leading or tied after two periods this postseason (0-6 when trailing).