Dog drinks anti-freeze; ‘vodka drip’ saves its life

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Vodka saved a dog’s life after he drank some anti-freeze in his owner’s garage.

Charlie the Maltese Terrier, who lives in Australia, was rushed to an animal hospital, and staffers there got creative in order to help him.

They hooked him up to a “vodka drip.” The alcohol helps break down the poisonous compounds in anti-freeze.

Over two days, Charlie downed about a quart of vodka. He got really drunk.

He was stumbling around and every time someone would try to pet him, he’d push them away.

But, he’s alive and now doing well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s