Students injured in cooking class incident at Northside College Prep

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Several Chicago public school students were  injured today when gas ignites during a cooking class.      The Northside College Prep High School kids were heating hot chocolate on a single-burner stove when the ignition happened.

One student is in serious condition at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, and their face and arm is being treated for burns.

Another is in good-to-fair condition and two others are in fair-to-serious condition.

A fifth student declined to be taken to a hospital.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.