WGN Morning New’ What’s Happening segment.
Recipe: Chicken Wing Cupcakes (thanks to viewer: Amy Leuenberger)
Yield – 6 Cupcakes
- 1 pouch (6.5 oz) Betty Crocker® cornbread & muffin mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- ½ Cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 6 fully cooked Buffalo chicken wing drummettes
- 1 Package of Instant Mashed Potatoes ( & anything specified for this: milk, water, butter)
- 3 Tablespoons of Sour Cream
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
1: Heat oven to 400°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 6 regular-size muffin cups.
2: In medium bowl, stir together muffin mix, milk, melted butter and egg just until blended (batter will be lumpy). Divide batter among muffin cups then poor equal amounts of hot sauce on top of each muffin. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
3: Mix instant mashed potatoes (according to package directions). Once done add ranch and sour cream, stirring until consistency is that of thick frosting.
4: Spoon “frosting” mixture into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Squeeze bag to pipe on muffins. Top each with 1 drummette.
You can use already made wings, or even use frozen buffalo tenders if you want to avoid the bone.
Mashed potato frosting can be made with real potatoes or can also be made the night before to save time for drinking on game day.