* The Bulls and Pelicans will be meeting for the second time this season, with the Pelicans winning the first matchup between the two teams on December 2 in triple-overtime on a game-winning Jrue Holiday layup. The Pelicans have now won two out of their last three against the Bulls after Chicago had won eight straight over New Orleans.
* After an eight-game losing streak, the Pelicans have won four out of their last six. However, the Pelicans dropped their last game against the Timberwolves after scoring only 77 points, their fewest in a game since scoring 72 against the Warriors on March 18 of last season.
* With their win over the Spurs on Wednesday, the Bulls have now won three straight road games and seven out of their last eight on the road after starting the season 3-11 away from home. The Bulls’ 7-1 road-record since December 25 is the best in the NBA since then.
* The Bulls had seven players score in double-figures in their win over the Spurs on Wednesday. It was the third time this season the Bulls had seven or more players all score in double-figures – Chicago had only three such games in the previous three seasons combined.
* Joakim Noah has recorded 10 or more rebounds in 17 consecutive games, the second-longest active streak in the NBA (DeAndre Jordan, 26) and the longest of Noah’s career (previous was nine consecutive games).
* Tyreke Evans has scored 13 or more points in each of his eight career games against the Bulls. In his career against Chicago, Evans has averaged 20.8 points per game and 5.8 rebounds per game on 50.4 percent shooting from the field