* Colorado dropped a 5-4 decision in San Jose on Monday, and has lost three straight road contests overall, all by a single tally (0-1-2 record). The Avs are now 11-1-1 when netting at least four goals in 2013-14.
* Chicago beat New Jersey, 5-2, on Monday, recording its fourth consecutive game with at least one point in the process (3-0-1 record). The Blackhawks are 21-0-4 when allowing two or fewer goals in 2013-14 (5-7-2 when allowing three or more).
* The Avs beat the Blackhawks, 5-1, at Pepsi Center in these clubs’ first meeting of the season (November 19), and have won five of the last seven games with Chicago overall. Colorado and Chicago have split the last six games at United Center, each winning three times.
* Erik Johnson had a goal and a helper Monday, and has now lit the lamp once in four of his last five skates overall (two goals in first 31 games of the season). Johnson has 13 points (1g, 12a) in 22 career games vs. Chicago – his second most vs. any opponent (14 points vs. CBJ).
* Patrick Sharp scored twice on Monday, giving him seven goals and 12 points in his last eight games overall. Sharp (18) and Patrick Kane (22) have combined for 40 goals in 2013-14 – tied for second most of any pair of Western Conference teammates (Corey Perry – 22, Ryan Getzlaf – 19).
* Chicago is 20-0-4 when netting the first goal of the game this season – best in the Western Conference. Colorado is 18-1-2 when lighting the lamp first in 2013-14 (second best in the West).