* The Cardinals lead this season series 9-7. St. Louis has won this season series in three of the last four years.
* St. Louis’ Magic Number to clinch the NL Central is 1. It would be the Cardinals’ eighth division title this century, but their first since 2009.
* Travis Wood (9-11, 2.98 ERA) has been plagued by a lack of support from his teammates this season. He has gotten three runs or less of support in each of his last 13 starts (total 17 runs of support over that stretch). His 2.80 RSA this season is the lowest for any NL pitcher (minimum 190 IP) since the Dodgers’ Tom Candiotti had a 2.53 RSA in 1993.
* When Lance Lynn won in his last outing (September 21 at Milwaukee), it snapped his streak of eight straight winless starts. After winning his first four career starts against the Cubs, Lynn is just 1-3 with a 4.50 ERA in four starts against them this season.
* Jon Jay is batting .362 (17/47) during his current 11-game hitting streak, with 16 of his 17 total hits during this streak being singles. This hitting streak is one game shy of his career high; he had a 12-game streak, May 30-July 15, 2010.