Toy spider recall over serious ingestion hazard

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The company Be Amazing! Toys is recalling Monster Science Spiders due to a serious ingestion hazard.

The soft and colorful, toy spider can be mistaken by a child for candy.

When the marble-sized product is ingested, it can expand inside a child’s body and cause intestinal obstructions.

The toys do not show up on an X-ray and need surgery to be removed from body.

Though there haven’t been any reports on this particular item, there is one incident in which an 8-month-old girl ingested a similar product.

Consumers should immediately take this recalled toy away from children and contact the company for a refund.

For more information, click here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

1 Comment

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.