* The Cardinals have won 16 of their 21 home games against the Cubs dating back to the beginning of the 2011 season. The Cardinals have outscored the Cubs, 40-9, over the last two series between these clubs at Busch Stadium, winning six of the seven ballgames.
* The Cubs, currently 15 games under .500 (16-31) within the NL Central this season, have been at least 11 games under .500 inside their division in each of the last four seasons.
* St. Louis is outscoring its opponents by an average of 1.23 runs per game this season, the best run-differential per game for the Cardinals since 1944 (+1.80 runs per game).
* Nate Schierholtz hit his 15th home run of the season yesterday, which matches his total from the previous two seasons combined.
* Donnie Murphy hit three home runs in his first three games this season, after hitting no more than three home runs in any season from 2008 to 2012.
* Lance Lynn has allowed a total of just two earned runs and 11 hits in three career home starts (all victories) against the Cubs.