* The Cubs have won a series in Colorado since August 2004 – the third-longest active drought in the majors by a team in the same league as their opponent.
* Chicago finished the season’s first half with 57 quality starts, the most for a 50-loss team at the All-Star break since 1973.
* The Rockies have held their opponents to one run or fewer in each of their last three games, the third time in franchise history they have accomplished the feat (also June 30-July 3, 2009, and September 4-6, 2012). They have never allowed one run or fewer in four straight games.
* Over his last 16 games, Alfonso Soriano is hitting .323 (21/65) with nine homers, 19 RBI and 16 runs scored.
* Jorge De La Rosa has allowed just one home run over his eight home starts this season. The Cubs, however, hit a pair of home runs the last time they faced De La Rosa in Colorado (September 25, 2012).
* In 20 career games against the Cubs, Carlos Gonzalez is hitting .410 (32/78) with seven home runs, 16 RBI, 18 runs scored and 16 extra base hits.