A Near South Side church on S. Michigan Avenue is now a national historic landmark.
The Second Presbyterian Church is among the 85 most important properties in Illinois and one of more than 2,500 landmarks in the U.S. designated as historic sites.
The church was designed in the 1870s and rebuilt after a fire in 1900.
It is known for its renowned collection of Tiffany stained glass windows.
Prominent members include some of Chicago’s most famous families including the Fields, Pullmans and Armours.