* Both the Marlins and the White Sox have struggled offensively this season, with Miami the lowest scoring team in the majors (2.66 runs/game) and Chicago the second-lowest scoring team in the AL this season (3.69 runs/game).
* Miami has lost nine of its last 11 games, and recorded only three singles in its last game on Wednesday, with only one of those hits leaving the infield.
* The White Sox have won six of their last nine games, scoring over a run higher per game than their season average over that span (4.78 runs/game).
* John Danks will be making his first start in over a year as he returns from arthroscopic shoulder surgery. He has compiled a 3.18 ERA over four rehab starts in AAA after posting a 5.70 ERA in nine starts in 2012.
* Tom Koehler has allowed three or fewer runs in each of the three starts he has made in his career, but the Marlins’ offense has provided him only one run of support across 16 innings pitched.
* Marcell Ozuna collected an infield hit on Wednesday, extending his career-long hit streak to eight games, the longest by a Marlin this season.